Mantra: Hanuman Chaleesa
Shree Guru charana saroja raja nija manu mukuru sudhari
Baranaun Raghubara bimala jasu jo daayaku phala chaari
Buddhi heena tanu jaanike sumiraun pawana kumaara
Bala budhi vidyaa dehu mohin harahu kalesa bikaara
1. Jaya Hanumaan gyaana guna saagara,
Jaya Kapeesha tihun loka ujaagara
2. Raama doota atulita bala dhaamaa,
Anjani putra Pawanasuta naamaa
3. Mahaabeera bikrama bajarangee,
Kumati niwaara sumati ke sangee
4. Kanchana barana biraaja subesaa,
Kaanana kundala kunchita kesaa
5. Haata bajra aura dwajaa biraajai,
Kaandhe moonja janeu saajai
6. Shankara suwana Kesaree nandana,
Teja prataapa mahaa jaga bandana
7. Bidyaawaana gunee ati chaatura,
Raama kaaja karibe ko aatura
8. Prabhu charitra sunibe ko rasiyaa,
Raama Lakhana Seetaa mana basiyaa
9. Sookshma roopa dhari Siyahin dikhaawaa,
Bikata roopa dhari Lankaa jaraawaa
10. Bheema roopa dhari asura sanghaare,
Raamachandra ke kaaja sanvaare
11. Laaya sajeevana Lakhana jiyaaye,
Shree Raghubeera harashi ura laaye
12. Raghupati keenhee bahuta baraaee,
tuma mama priya Bharatahi sama bhaaee
13. Sahasa badana tumharo jasa gaawain,
asa kahi Shreepati kanta lagaawain
14. Sanakaadika Brahmaadi muneesaa,
Naarada Saarada sahita Aheesaa
15. Yama Kubera digapaala jahaante,
kabi kobida kahi sake kahaante
16. Tuma upakaara Sugreevahin keenhaa,
Raama milaaya raaja pada deenhaa
17. Tumharo mantra Bibheeshana maanaa,
Lankeshwara bhaye saba jaga jaanaa
18. Yuga sahasra yojana para bhaanu,
leelyo taahi madhura phala jaanu
19. Prabhu mudrikaa meli mukha maaheen,
jaladhi laanghi gaye acharaja naaheen
20. Durgama kaaja jagata ke jete,
sugama anugraha tumhare tete
21. Raama duaare tuma rakhawaare,
hota na aagyaa binu paisaare
22. Saba sukha lahai tumhaaree sharanaa,
tuma rakshaka kaahu ko dara naa
23. Aapana teja samhaaro aapai,
teenon loka haanka ten kaanpai
24. Bhoota pisaacha nikata nahin aawai,
Mahaabeera jaba naama sunaawai
25. Naasai roga hare saba peeraa,
japata nirantara Hanumata beeraa
26. Sankata ten Hanumaana churaawai,
mana krama bachana dhyaana jo laawai
27. Saba para Raama tapaswee raajaa,
tina ke kaaja sakala tuma saajaa
28. Aura manorata jo koee laawai,
soee amita jeewana phala paawai
29. Chaaron juga parataapa tumhaaraa,
hai parasidha jagata ujiyaaraa
30. Saadhu santa ke tuma rakhawaare,
asura nikandana Raama dulaare
31. Ashta siddhi nau nidhi ke daataa,
asa bara deena Jaanakee Maataa
32. Raama rasaayana tumhare paasaa,
sadaa raho Raghupati ke daasaa
33. Tumhare bhajana Raama ko paawai,
janama janama ke dukha bisaraawai
34. Anta kaala Raghubara pura jaaee,
jahaan janama Hari bhakta kahaaee
35. Aura devataa chitta na dharaee,
Hanumata se-ee sarva sukha karaee
36. Sankata katai mite saba peeraa,
jo sumire Hanumata bala beeraa
37. Jai jai jai Hanumaana Gosaaee,
kripaa karahu gurudeva kee naaee
38. Jo sata baara paata kara koee,
chootahi bandi mahaa sukha hoee
39. Jo yaha parai Hanumaana chaaleesaa,
hoya siddhi saakhee Gaureesaa
40. Tulasee Daasa sadaa Hari cheraa,
keejai naata hridaya mahaan deraa
Pawanatanaya sankata harana mangala moorati roopa
Raama Lakhana Seetaa sahita hridaya basahu sura bhoopa
Taking the dust of my Guru's lotus feet to polish the mirror of my heart
I sing the pure fame of the best of Raghus, which bestows the four fruits of life.
I don't know anything, so I remember you, Son of the Wind
Grant me strength, intelligence and wisdom and remove my impurities and sorrows
1. Hail Hanuman, ocean of wisdom/
Hail Monkey Lord! You light up the three worlds.
2. You are Ram's messenger, the abode of matchless power/
Anjani's son, "Son of the Wind."
3. Great hero, you are a mighty thunderbolt/
Remover of evil thoughts and companion of the good.
4. Golden hued and splendidly adorned/
with heavy earrings and curly locks
5. In your hands shine mace and a banner/
a sacred thread adorns your shoulder.
6. You are an incarnation of Shiva and Kesari's son/
Your glory is revered throughout the world.
7. You are the wisest of the wise, virtuous and very clever/
ever eager to do Ram's work
8. You delight in hearing of the Lord's deeds/
Ram, Lakshman and Sita dwell in your heart.
9. Assuming a tiny form you appeared to Sita/
in an awesome form you burned Lanka.
10. Taking a dreadful form you slaughtered the demons/
completing Lord Ram's work.
11. Bringing the magic herb you revived Lakshman/
Shri Ram embraced you with delight.
12. The Lord of the Raghus praised you greatly/
"You are as dear to me as my brother Bharat!"
13. Thousands of mouths will sing your fame!"/
So saying Lakshmi's Lord drew you to Himself.
14. Sanak and the sages, Brahma, and the munis/
Narada, Saraswati and the King of serpents,
15. Yama, Kubera, the guardians of the four quarters/
poets and scholars-none can express your glory.
16. You did great service for Sugriva/ bringing him to Ram,
you gave him kingship.
17. Vibhishana heeded your counsel/
He became the Lord of Lanka, as the whole world knows.
18. Though the sun is millions of miles away/
you swallowed it thinking it to be a sweet fruit.
19. Holding the Lord's ring in your mouth/
it's no surprise that you leapt over the ocean.
20. Every difficult task in this world becomes easy by your grace.
21. You are the guardian at Ram's door/
no one enters without your permission.
22. Those who take refuge in you find all happiness/
those who you protect know no fear.
23. You alone can withstand your own splendor/
the three worlds tremble at your roar.
24. Ghosts and goblins cannot come near/
Great Hero, when your name is uttered.
25. All disease and pain is eradicated/
by constantly repeating of your name, brave Hanuman.
26. Hanuman, you release from affliction all those/
who remember you in thought word and deed.
27. Ram, the ascetic king, reigns over all/
but you carry out all his work.
28. One who comes to you with any yearning/
obtains the abundance of the Four Fruits of Life.
29. Your splendor fills the four ages/
your glory is renowned throughout the world.
30. You are the guardian of saints and sages/
the destroyer of demons and the darling of Ram.
31. You grant the eight powers and nine treasures/
by the boon you received from Mother Janaki.
32. You hold the elixir of Ram's name/
and remain eternally his servant.
33. Singing your praise, one finds Ram/
and the sorrows of countless lives are destroyed.
34. At death one goes to Ram's own abode/
born there as God's devotee.
35. Why worship any other deities/
from Hanuman you'll get all happiness.
36. All affliction ceases and all pain is removed/
for those who remember the mighty hero, Hanuman.
37. Victory, Victory, Victory Lord Hanuman/
bestow your grace on me, as my Guru!
38. Whoever recites this a hundred times/
is released from bondage and gains bliss.
39. One who reads this Hanuman Chaleesa/
gains success, as Gauri's Lord(Shiva) is witness.
40. Says Tulsi Das, who always remains Hari's servant'/
"Lord, make your home in my heart."
Son of the Wind, destroyer of sorrow, embodiment of blessings
With Ram, Lakshman and Sita, LIVE IN MY HEART, King of Gods!
Mantra and translation courtesy of: http://www.krishnadas.com/
Albums that feature this mantra: